I’m leading a vegan India adventure tour and you’re invited to travel with me!
Super exciting news everyone! I’ve been so excited about this announcement for the last little while, and I finally get to share the news with you.
I’m traveling to India and I want you to come with me!
Yes, for the first time, I’ll be co-leading a tour in a country that I’ve always wanted to visit: India! You’ll be traveling in a small group, led by an expert travel guide and a travel blogger (me!). The two of us both specialize in vegan travel, eco-friendly travel, responsible wildlife tourism, and sustainable travel. The tour will be guided by those principles in an effort to combat over-tourism and highlight unique activities that are kind to people, animals, and the environment.
Interested? Let me give you more details!
Vegan India Adventure with Lauren
On this vegan India tour, we’ll be traveling to south India together to participate in fun and enriching activities. Some of these include a cooking class, visiting a wildlife rehabilitation center, a sustainable fashion workshop, hiking through UNESCO World Heritage sites, exploring caves, doing yoga in peaceful settings, sampling vegetarian street food, and so much more.
We will be traveling to India from September 21st – October 1st, 2019.
Where We’re Headed
The trip starts in Bangalore and we will also be traveling to the ancient city of Hampi. The tour combines the best outdoor adventures with cultural discoveries and delicious food.
Activities and Itinerary
On this 10-day vegan India trip, we’ll be participating in many excursions and day trips that explore India’s rich culture and heritage, sustainable and ethical workshops, and we’ll be gorging on lots of yummy eats.
Once we’re all settled in after arriving in Bangalore, here’s a sample of some of the activities::
- A cooking class with one of India’s leading vegan entrepreneurs
- Wander through Hindu temples and opulent palace courtyards
- Learn about the rescue of small wild mammals, reptiles and birds (and how travelers can make a positive impact)
- Explore one of Bangalore’s oldest and most bustling night markets
- Visit a bear rescue center
- Learn about sustainable and ethical fashion, meeting entrepreneurs supporting fair trade and fair wages for Indian artisans
- Evening of traditional Indian “Odissi” dance
- Go to an old villa filled with art and heritage architecture
- Learn how to make 3 different kinds of vegan chai and taste Indian vegan sweets
- Go to a vegetarian alley of street food vendors
- Eat lots of yummy vegan meals at various restaurants and cafes
- Optional Ayurvedic massage before flying home
In the middle of the trip, we’ll travel to Hampi for a whole variety of intriguing excursions:
- Road trip to the Indian countryside towards the ancient city of Hampi
- Hike to UNESCO World Heritage sites, discovering ancient market streets, palace ruins, royal pavilions, and ancient bath houses
- Enjoy the laid back, hippie vibe of Hampi, popping in and out of cafes for food and smoothies
- Travel to a temple where humans and monkeys co-exist peacefully
- Explore caves that were inhabited by Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims and Jains, learning about India’s religious diversity
- Yoga and meditation practice by the rice paddies
- Option to rent bicycles or tuk tuks, riding through the villages to check out an underground temple and old elephant garden
For the complete itinerary, please check out the official itinerary at Escape To… by Fairkonnect.
The cost of the trip is $2250 USD. The cost of the trip includes:
- Pre-departure support and assistance with visas
- Airport transfer
- Accommodation (individual can be provided upon request)
- 3 vegan meals a day (with exception of 1 free night)
- Local transportation
- One optional yoga class
- Activities and admission to various places of interest per the itinerary
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Local team available 24/7
Not included: You will have to purchase your own airfare, visa, and travel insurance. You will need to cover any additional expenses, like extra food or alcohol.
Frequently Asked Questions
So, are you as excited as I am? I can’t wait to embark on this exciting vegan India adventure! To those who are interested in learning more, please don’t hesitate to ask any questions, whether you send me a private email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or ask a question in the comments section below.
Who is organizing the trip?
This trip is organized by Escape To…, a social enterprise that has hosted over 600 international travelers in India on both volunteer and experiential programs for the past 7 years. You’re in good hands!
I will also be leading the trip! I’ve been vegan for over 10 years now and raised as a vegetarian (vegetarian for life!). I am a vegan travel expert and a world traveler who writes this blog. Here are a few more things about me. I also write a monthly recap on the blog if you’d like to know more about my frequent travels and recent happenings.
Do I have to be vegan to take the trip?
No, you don’t have to be vegan! Bring your appetite and an open mind, and you’ll be all set! It’s wonderful if you have an interest in vegetarian and vegan cuisine. However, if sustainable and conscious travel is more your jam, that’s totally cool. All provided meals will be vegan, but you don’t have to have any kind of background or knowledge in vegetarianism or veganism.
Is India safe?
India is a safe place to visit, no worries! We’ll be traveling as a group together, so you don’t need to be nervous about being alone. There will be 24/7 support from experienced travelers and local experts, so you will feel as safe as possible. Plus, all of the activities and destinations are scouted out in advance for your comfort and safety.
Is this trip good for first time visitors to India?
Yes! While I have traveled all over the world, it is my first trip to India, too! We will explore this country together, whether it’s your first time or you’ve visited many times.
How many people will be on the trip?
The trip will consist of 8-12 people, capped at 12, with two leaders (I am one of them!).
Who will travel on this vegan India adventure?
The group will consist of travelers over 18 from all over the world. Bring along your best friends and family members if you’d like! I’m sure we will have a collective interest in embarking on a meaningful, culturally responsible experience. Whether you’re interested in vegan travel, vegan food in India, sustainable travel, eco-friendly travel, responsible wildlife tourism, conscious travel, or visiting places that are off the beaten path, you’ll be in good company.
How to Register
Head over to the official website and fill out the form at the bottom of the page to express your interest. A travel coordinator will get back to you within 48 hours.
Please let me know if you have any questions at all, and I’ll do my best to help!
PIN this image to Pinterest for future reference. Click the top left corner.