The day has finally arrived – Justin and I will be boarding a plane and flying to Italy!!! It is our first time visiting Italy so we are making the most of it, spending a glorious three weeks in Italy. Our itinerary is filled with awesome plans and we thought we’d let you in on some of them ahead of time. We won’t be blogging at all while we’re overseas. I know, that’s a long time to be away from the blog – the longest I’ve stepped away from it since the beginnings of Justin Plus Lauren. However, you’ll get to read all about our adventures when we return. Plus, we’ll be posting lots of updates mostly in the form of photos on our social media accounts. Be sure to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ and Youtube!
If you happen to be traveling through Italy while we’re there, be sure to send us a message on any of our social media networks or by our contact form and it would be great to meet up! Here are our travel plans while we’re there:
- Spending 3 nights in Venice at Warm Hospitality Venice
- Ride a Vaporetto along line 1 to ride down the Grand Canal
- Visit the islands of Burano, Murano, and Torcello
- Rent bicycles to ride around the island of Lido
- Take tours at Basilica di San Marco and Doge’s Palace at Piazza San Marco
- Walk across the Rialto Bridge
- Gondola Ride in Venice with Tinggly as their brand ambassadors
- Getting lost walking around all over the place
- Spending 5 nights in Florence at La Farina Apartments
- Visiting Gallerie dell’ Accademia to see the statue of David
- Seeing the Duomo in Florence and climbing the nearby bell tower
- Visiting the Uffizi Gallery
- Spending a day in Lucca exploring the town and riding bicycles
- Tour with Florencetown: VIP Siena and San Gimignano By Night (Visiting Siena, San Gimignano, Tuscan countryside)
- A day in Ferrara with Agata of Null & Full and Iloveferrara.it who is hosting us for a vegan cooking class and showing us around town!
- Hoping to have time to visit Piazzale Michaelangelo, Ponte Vecchio, Oltrarno neighborhood
- Spending 3 nights in Riomaggiore at Gramsci 31 Apartment
- Stopping in Pisa for the day before arriving in Cinque Terre
- Hiking to the five towns: Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza, Monterosso Al Mare
- If there’s time, taking a ferry to Portovenere for the day
- Spending 5 nights in Sorrento at Villa Elisa Sorrento
- Exploring Sorrento including Sorrento Cape and perhaps swimming at Bagni della Regina Giovanna if it’s warm enough!
- Taking the ferry to Capri for the day with a boat tour to the Blue Grotto, take the chair lift to the top of Monte Solaro, and visit Villa San Michele
- A full day Amalfi Coast tour with a private driver with Lovely Amalfi Coast to Positano, Amalfi, and Ravello
- Spending a day at Pompeii
- Spending 4 nights in Rome at Zen Trastevere
- Explore the neighborhood of Trastevere
- Visit Campo de’ Fiori, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain (even though it’s under construction), Spanish Steps
- Visit Largo di Torre Argentina – a cat sanctuary amongst Roman ruins
- Walks of Italy tour – Crypts, Bones, and Catacombs Underground Rome Tour
- Circus Maximus, Baths of Caracalla, Trajan’s Market
- The Roman Guy tour – Colosseum Dungeons and Third Floor, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Dark Rome tour – Vatican Express Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museum Entrance Tickets
- Castel Sant’Angelo
We are traveling everywhere by train and we’re planning on eating lots of pasta, pizza, and gelato! We’ll return with the low down on all of the vegan food that we ate in Italy.
Want to travel more?
Need more travel in your life? In this special free bonus content, we reveal our top tips and personal advice to living a life of travel.